Keep snacking fun with these baked garlic kale chips that are a great tasty snack made in just minutes! The garlicky crunch of these chips makes it a wonderful healthy (and inexpensive) alternative to a bag of store-bought chips!
The first time that I had kale chips I thought I was going to hate them. They looked too healthy to be tasty. Then I stuffed a chip into my mouth. It was crispy and crunchy and delicious! I went home and struggled for the longest time to perfect these garlic kale chips (I tried and tested 10-15 batches before getting this recipe right!). Nowadays, I actually prefer to eat these baked garlic kale chips over a bag of store-bought chips. I am okay with that because they are not only much healthier but they are cheaper to make than those store bought baggies full of chips!
Garlic Kale Chips
Cook Time 13 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
- 4 cups Fresh Kale chopped into large pieces
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt or less. I usually go with a little more than 1/8 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine all three ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place the kale on a baking sheet, making sure that the kale is spaced in a single thin layer on the pan. Bake for 13-14 minutes, or until the leaves become crispy to the touch and before they start to brown (once brown, the kale will taste bitter!).