This spring steak salad with homemade carrot and cilantro chimichurri vinaigrette dressing uses crisp spring vegetables and tops them with tender juicy steak pieces and a drizzle of fresh herb chimichurri sauce. Colorful vibrant vegetables combined with high-quality steak choices from our sponsor PRE Brands make this salad a standout showstopper.
If the pictures of this salad don’t scream SPRING to you I don’t know what kind of salad is going to.
My new favorite salad just happens to be this colorful spring steak salad with chimichurri dressing.
Not only is it gorgeous to look at but it’s delicious to devour…
Let’s start with the gorgeous slices of meat.
Don’t just use any meat, use high quality beef.
High quality beef means that your steak bites are going to be extraordinarily tender and juicy every time.
- Their beef is 100% grass fed with no added hormones or antibiotics.
- Each piece of steak is prepackaged individually in an easy open vacuum-sealed BPA-free packaging that is see-through so you can inspect the quality yourself.
- I love the specific cooking instructions that are on the back of the packaging. Many of these PRE cuts tend to cook faster than other steaks so knowing how long to grill my top sirloin on each side really helps a girl out.
- They come freezer-ready in the packages that they come in. When you are ready to defrost the beef just detach the meat in it’s vacuum-sealed packaging from the backing and submerge it in water. No messes or contamination to worry about.
- The options! I not only have an obsession with their steak selection, but they also have an awesome chuck roast and their three options of ground beef are all stellar, being full of savory flavor.
Then there is that carrot and cilantro chimichurri dressing that we need to talk about.
The food processor works wonders for mixing up this spring steak salad dressing.
Just combine a few very simple ingredients like a bit of carrot for crunch, some fresh parsley and cilantro, a dash of garlic and oregano, and a splash of lime…
Then turn your food processor on and you have yourself one very delicious dressing in about 60 seconds.
I wouldn’t go as far as to say that this sauce is full-on ‘chimichurri sauce’, but it’s more like a mellow blend of chimichurri sauce with a light vinaigrette, which to me sounds perfect across all those colorful veggies in this steak salad.
And then lets talk about the fun veggies.
I wanted a colorful bowl. A bowl of different textures with lots of crunch.
Cucumber and carrot, corn and sprouts, tomatoes and watermelon radishes compliment the spring lettuce mix perfectly.
I think sugar snap peas, asparagus, and onion slices would taste fantastic in this spring steak salad as well.
The fresher the vegetables the better.
- 1/2 bag spring lettuce mix
- tomatoes, sweet corn kernels, sprouts
- carrots, cucumber, watermelon radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup packed parsley
- 1/8 cup carrot
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- Prepare your PRE steak according to package instructions. While the steak is grilling you can make your salad and dressing.
- To make the chimichurri dressing combine the cilantro, parsley, carrot, oregano, and red pepper flakes in the bottom of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Then add in all other dressing ingredients and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
- To create your salad, place the lettuce mix in the bottom of a large serving bowl. Add in your other spring vegetables. Once the steak is fully cooked, remove from heat for 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips, placing the strips on top of the salad, and then drizzling the chimichurri dressing over top of everything.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395
Don’t forget to check out PRE Brands online for more information about their fantastic range of 100% grass fed beef products and to find out where you can shop their selection.
Thanks for stopping in friends!
I partnered with PRE, a brand I personally recommend to friends and family for this post. Thank you for continuing to support me, BHHY, and the brands that help make this site possible.