This slow cooker gluten-free chicken marsala recipe is a no-brainer, no-stress recipe for those busy hectic weeknights. This incredibly easy dinner slowly cooks juicy chicken in a thick mushroom and marsala sauce all in the crockpot. All you need do is put all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and turn it on. Waiting is the hardest part!
With the holiday season right around the corner the days are packed with work and the weekends with parties or party planning.
I can't remember the last weekend where we weren't hosting guests at our house and I wouldn't want it any other way.
I LOVE hosting.
It's just hectic sometimes fitting it all in.
You've got to clean the house, you've got to buy groceries and party supplies, and then you've got to cook and get yourself looking party-ready.
Sometimes it's hard for me to get it all done before guests or family arrive and I don't even have kids! How do parents do it?
I've just got a farm with a whole mess of rescued fur babies. Parents are superheros.
So I guess what I'm trying to say is that party hosting or Sunday family dinners this time of year can be tricky, and stressful, and have I said stressful yet?
I sometimes get a little too much stress going on to the point where it runs up my back and neck and gives me a complete headache.
So then what? Guests are coming and I'm a
I made this slow cooker gluten-free chicken marsala a few weeks ago for a family dinner I was hosting.
All I did was toss the chicken and marsala wine in the bottom of a lined slow cooker and then sprinkled on some minced garlic, spices, and mushroom slices.
Then the hard part. I had to wait and let the dish simmer and smell that amazingly savory aroma.
But that was the perfect amount of time to clean, prep the rest of the meal, get myself ready for the party.
Just before the chicken marsala is done I toss in a few cherry tomatoes and a little cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
It seriously couldn't get any easier than this. It's my go-to no-stress incredibly easy dinner dish that allows you to take the worry out of creating a large family meal and focus more on your family!
I sometimes serve my slow cooker marsala in the slow cooker but other times, depending on the party, I will put the meal in a pretty serving dish.
When your family arrives at your doorstep the mouthwatering will start!
Make your family and friends think you were slaving away at it!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 cups sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- parsley for garnish
- Line your slow cooker with a liner. Place the butter, garlic, and chicken seasoned with salt and pepper in the bottom of the slow cooker. Heat on high until the butter melts (should take less than 5 minutes).
- Stir in the mushrooms and marsala wine. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch and water together until fully dissolved. Pour the liquid into the slow cooker and stir well.
- Turn the slow cooker to high and cook for another 20-30 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy.