I had a feeling that I’d love this dish the first time that I tried it. It tastes light and fresh, yet is filling enough to keep Hubby happy till breakfast. It is one of those perfect summer evening meals. Not heavy nor does it make you feel weighed down.
I have tried many a gluten-free variety to this recipe and many have turned out tasty, many have stunk, and one has been the perfect blend of buttery lemony garlicky goodness. I try and always toss in extra veggies where ever possible, so 2 cups of spinach is thrown in there too. Two cups may sound like a lot of spinach for a dish to some, but once ya sauté those bad boys up, it leaves ya wanting to toss more of it in (just do it!).
I should also mention, that this recipe uses an oven-safe pan to do most of the cooking in. And just because it is oven-safe, does not mean that it is safe-to-hold-on-to-the-handle-straight-out-of-the-oven kind of safe. What was I thinking when I grabbed the metal handle of the pan straight out of the oven!?! I’ve put skillets in the oven a million times and never felt the urge to grab a hold of that scorching hot handle.
So… my friends… be aware that the handle of the skillet will literally be blistering-hot when it comes out of that oven and to not touch the damn thing with your paws (as I type this with one hand).
Garlic Lemon Butter Chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 TBSP paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Melt 2 TBSP butter in a oven-safe pan over medium heat. Add in the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with paprika and cook for 3-4 minutes (chicken will start to turn golden brown). Flip chicken over, sprinkle with paprika, and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the last remaining TBSP of butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, until the garlic starts to brown and become fragrant.
- Add in the chicken broth, heavy cream, a few squeezed lemon slices, thyme, and cheese. Add in the spinach and allow to boil.
- Turn heat down and allow the cream mixture to simmer for 3-5 minutes, or until it starts to thicken.
- Add the heated cream sauce to the large skillet with the chicken in it. Add remaining lemon slices on top of each chicken breast.
- Place in the oven on a medium shelf and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
This dish is Hubby-approved with two thumbs up (even though you can only see one!). I told him that if he was going to stick his thumbs up in my pictures, that his silly antics would end up in my post. Told ya hunny!
Don’t forget to link up with The Soiree linky party and then join me in partying with these lovelies!