Bourbon brown sugar ice cream is placed between two fresh gluten-free brown sugar waffles for a fun adult version of the ice cream sandwich. Now, being a grown-up isn’t that bad with these ice cream waffle sandwiches!
When I was a kid I absolutely loved ice cream sandwiches! There was nothing better on a hot summer day than when the ice cream truck rolled up to our neighborhood and I could scrounge up enough couch change for a sweet treat. Nowadays, adulting seems much harder than my childhood memories. Until you introduce yourself to these gluten-free brown sugar ice cream waffle sandwiches! Now being a grown-up is fun again!
I realize that being an adult has other perks than just having as many ice cream treats as you’d like without someone telling you to stop, but let me just tell you how good this sandwich is for your life.
I decided that the brown sugar waffles would go deliciously with more brown sugar, so I paired it with my favorite ice cream, my bourbon and brown sugar ice cream. The waffles are so fluffy and dreamy, and the ice cream is so so creamy, that it causes miracles in every bite.
OK, maybe not miracles, but it’s really really good! So good, that I had one too many ice cream sandwiches in a row, and my grown-up belly was upset with me. Don’t eat one too many, save the last one, they store very well in the freezer! Store them in the back of the freezer where no one else can find them 😉
- 3 BHHY's Brown Sugar Waffles
- 1 batch of BHHY's Bourbon Brown Sugar Ice Cream
- Make your ice cream according to recipe instructions. Store in your freezer until you are ready to make your sandwiches.
- Make your waffles according to the recipes instructions. Once cooked, cut each waffle in half along the waffles mid-line. Let cool completely and set aside.
- Take your ice cream out of the freezer and carefully cut into 1 inch thick slices with a sharp knife.
- Quickly place the ice cream slices between two waffle halves and eat immediately or store in the freezer until ready to eat. Enjoy!