Gluten-Free Bourbon BBQ Shredded Beef
This gluten-free bourbon bbq shredded beef recipe is a magical combination of juicy beef in a garlic and onion barbecue sauce, placed in your slow cooker along with a dash of bourbon, and ready for your enjoyment after a busy day!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours
Total Time 8 hours 5 minutes
- 1.5 - 2 pounds of boneless beef of your choice cheaper cuts are okay here as it is slow cooked all day!
- 1.5 -2 cups of GF barbecue sauce
- 1/4 yellow onion chopped
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 TBSP garlic powder
- 1.5 TBSP onion powder OR dried chopped onion
- 3 TBSP GF soy sauce
- 3 TBSP GF bourbon/whiskey optional
Line your slow cooker with a slow cooker liner for easy clean up.
Combine all ingredients (except the beef) in the bottom of the crockpot and stir to mix well. Place the beef in the crock pot and spoon sauce all over the meat.
Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 8-10 hours (or on high for 5-6 hours), spooning sauce over the meat a couple of times if you can. (if you can't..... no biggie!)
Serve it up and enjoy!