This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScotchClothingEssentials #CollectiveBias
When struggling with time between the gym and work use these 5 tips to go from workout wear to work in 5 simple steps!
With the holidays right around the corner I am sure that I am not alone in thinking that I want to up my workout routine before the holiday feasting and parties begin. Then there’s the issue of fitting the upped workouts in in your already busy schedule.
Sometimes I will fit in a hearty workout before work but am left with no time to go home and shower or even shower and get hair and makeup ready at the gym… not ideal. So when I am struggling for time I will use these 5 tips to go from workout wear to work in 5 simple steps.
Here’s how to work your fall wardrobe from workout wear to work in 5 simple steps:
- Put an absorbent layer on top of your sweaty workout wear. This will help dry you off and keep you warm during the cooler temps. Usually during this time of year I wear my workout leggings and a short-sleeve or tank top as a top. So after a hard workout I usually grab a fleece-like top as an outer layer to help quickly dry me off in a warm comfy way. (Obviously if you work in a less casual environment you will want to up your sweater or pullover game!) I had to break out this long sleeve fleece-y pullover from the back of my closet that I have had forever. It’s one of those pieces that I’ve had for so long that it conforms to my body from the heavy wear. It’s definitely well-worn and looking it’s age. That’s when I grabbed two essentials to help revive my older workout wear quickly:
- Scotch™ Essentials Sweater Pill Remover: This little pink square quickly removes all the pills that this top constantly shows off (annoying!). You just swipe the brick-like remover over the pilled area and the pilling is gone!
- Scotch™ Essentials White Mark Eraser: I am a huge fan of wearing black and other dark colors when working out but when pulling on a dark top like the one I’m wearing after a workout I almost always get those dreaded deodorant marks on them. That’s when I pull out my Scotch White Mark Eraser to make the marks disappear on-the-go simply by rubbing the white marks with the eraser. It’s one of those gym bag essentials in my opinion.
- Find your favorite face cleaning wipes and dry shampoo. These are two other little items that you can easily find space for in your gym bag that will help your transition from gym to work (or girl date, or errand running, or…. just life). My favorite face cleansing wipes change depending on the time of year (dry skin in the winter versus my oily skin in the summer) and what the latest scent is (I can’t stop you grapefruit scent. I also can’t stop you nighttime lavender aroma.) A good face cleansing wipe will leave your face feeling clean and refreshed. A good travel-sized bottle of dry shampoo will help keep any greasy, sweaty, or unruly hair strands in line too.
- Add a bit of makeup to a freshly cleansed face. I usually add a little bit of under eye concealer, a little blush on the apples of my cheeks, quickly fill in my brows with a brow pencil, and add a coat of mascara to finish. Boom and done.
- Master a quick signature up-do. A less-than-2-minute up-do will transform a look. My go-to lazy up-do has three steps:
- Put your hair up into a low ponytail.
- Above the ponytail holder, create a hole in the center and pull the ponytail through the hole. (picture: above left)
- Grab the bottom of the ponytail and slide it once again through the same centered hole, pinning the ends in place, and fluffing the up-do to finish. (picture: above right)
- Add cute shoes and scarf to finish the look. Cute flats are great for spring and summer and a trendy pair of boots or booties are perfect for fall and winter.
These Scotch™ Essentials are easy, simple, no sew solutions that can help with any fabric project depending on your needs.
The products are found in the beauty accessory aisle, you know, where fake eyelashes, makeup brushes, cotton balls, etc. are located.
Scotch™ Essentials has a bunch of other products but I have found that the ones that I mentioned today have helped me the most in my workout to work transition. Visit the Scotch™ Essentials website to learn more about all their handy products.