With spring break right around the corner, we’ve got the spring break essentials that you need to have packed in that cute bag of yours!
With life turning upside down for me last week, this week I am focusing on healing, positive thoughts, and warm memories in the warm sunny island breezes of South Carolina. I decided to put together my favorite spring break essentials for a quick spring break getaway. Bright colors, bold patterns, and 90’s vibes are all included! Girly pieces are always welcomed and cutesy details are definitely in my beach bag!
First of all, I need to thank all of those who have sent thoughtful messages to me and my family over the last week after my sweet sweet father passed away unexpectedly. From teaching me what I know about photography, to taste-testing and spell-checking recipes and posts, to being an avid supporter of the blogging community in general and supporting me to freely speak my mind and opinion, my dad was a huge part of this site. Thanks to all of those who were concerned for me after a week of radio silence, after taking a week off of blogging to cry, grieve, heal and be with family. Now more than ever, I am putting everything into BHHY. Gotta make Dad proud. I am okay. I will be okay.
- Swim Suits: The brighter and bolder, the better this year. Neon colors and tribal patterns are huge right now. I am obsessing over girly boho tassels and straps on swim separates right now too. This swimsuit (another similar top) has both bright pattern and bold colors, along with a popular flounce bralette with it’s flowing ruffle layer and side ribbon ruffles. The bottoms are a bright sherbert orange with orange, peach, and pink criss-cross string sides.
- Sunnies: Bright colorful frames are back again this year. Looking for something even more beachy? Try some wooden framed sunglasses.
- Beach Towels: You can always find a cute beach towel. But what about a vintage-looking one with fringe and tassels included? Try this lightweight one with navy/orange or red/black stripe options.
- Lippies: Bold lip color that lasts is key. Try this bright pink (in Power Peony) one or this bold berry lipstick (in Blissful Berry) that won’t break the bank!
- Nail Color: this purple-fuchsia is perfect bright color for summer. It goes on nice and smooth, high gloss but not shiney, and is inexpensive.
- Hammered Gold Bracelets: Yellow gold hammered bracelets are a great way to show off your new tan. This one and this one are a few less expensive options.
- Girly Notebooks: I am spending some time away from my smart phone and in front of a journal. Writing down my thoughts and doing some reflection. Slowing down and breathing is amazing.
- Hand Written Cards: Going along with the journal, slowing down and hand writing some thoughtful cards is relaxing and productive at the same time. Girly details makes this very analog past time an even more fun way to stop and smell the roses!
9. Cute Girlie Products: I’m also loving these small trendy click tampons that fit in the smallest of inconspicuous places, like small pockets or bags. Their cute packaging is on point and these definitely help you stay confident! Also, these pH balanced girlie skincare wipes made by SweetSpot Labs (check out their bold Instagram!) are perfect for a quick refresh and cleanse after a beach or pool day. They smell so good too! When you head to Target you can save 15% plus get a free deluxe sample when you purchase two U by Kotex (here’s their cutesy Instagram!) or SweetSpot Labs products.
U by Kotex and SweetSpot Labs aren’t just your everyday period product. They’re breaking the rules of the feminine hygiene aisle and bringing fun and sweetness back to women—anytime and anywhere- and with the weather warming up and Spring just around the corner, they help you stay confident when wearing your spring break essentials! Don’t forget to use your coupon for 15% off of these at Target! #PeriodPower