Spring has sprung! Here are some easy ways to get your backyard ready for an epic season of spring backyard entertaining! From starting up that grill to ridding your backyard of weeds with Roundup® for Lawns, our sponsor, there are so many ways to get your backyard spring-ready!
- Get that grill started! Nothing screams outdoor entertaining more than a hot grill with sizzling barbecued meats inside.
- Get your outdoor planters and beds cleaned up and organized. Remove any dead leaves and debris, add in new soil and plants, water and clean up the outside of pots. Spring and fall are great times to plant new greenery. Don’t be afraid of plants with a lot of color. Plants and flowers are great natural decor for all of your spring backyard entertaining.
- Get your backyard back to a pet-safe place that your pets can enjoy too. Check your fencing for holes, clean up dead leaves and branches that pets can step on, double check that latches on gates are in working order.
- Spruce up walkways so your guests are wowed at first impression. Clear off leaves, get rid of weeds surrounding walkways, replace or fix uneven or cracked walkway areas.
- Plan your spring backyard party menus now. Now is the time the time to shop for outdoor servingware, drink cups, a hardy outdoor-safe serving tray, etc. Indoor-outdoor products come in so handy when planning out backyard parties.
- Now’s the time to make your backyard barefoot-friendly for outdoor games. Bocce ball, can jam, corn hole are so fun in the warm months, barefoot with soft grass between your toes. Proper care of your grassy backyard is important and that begins by ridding your backyard of weeds and letting the green lush grass shine through.
- We are an outdoorsy family and practically live in our outdoor spaces. Living on a horse farm, we are used to doing a lot of heavy manual labor and it would be nice to be able to use some lawn care products that are both easy and quick at making our backyard space as best as it can be without a lot of work. That’s where Roundup® comes in as it’s been the #1 weed killing brand for over 40 years, and now there is a new formula you can use on your lawn! Yeah you read that right. Roundup for Lawns as formulas for both northern and southern regions, created specifically to handle different grass types. Don’t know which type to use? Roundup has taken the guesswork out of deciding because your local retailer is stocked with the formula that is best suited for the major grass types in your area. But always remember to double check the product label before you use it!
I can’t wait to use this new Roundup For Lawns on my backyard this weekend. I want the nasty weeds in our yard G.O.N.E. yesterday. I am thinking about doing a spinoff post to this one to talk more in-depth about my experience with the new Roundup product. So stay tuned…
I’m also excited to start beefing up my backyard for the spring party season. What things are on your spring backyard entertaining to-do list?
Thanks for stopping in friends!
I partnered with Roundup for Lawns, a brand I personally recommend to friends and family for this post. Thank you for continuing to support me, BHHY, and the brands that help make this site possible.