This 25-minute pineapple basil thai chicken is a simple, refreshing, and quick one-pot meal that’s perfect when craving something gluten-free and asian-inspired… with a sweet twist!
I have been on an asian-inspired craze lately. After making this pineapple basil thai chicken, I went after my slow cooker sesame garlic chicken and slow cooker beef lo mein (both of which will be up on the blog really soon) days later. I get in these obsessions every once in awhile. But all of these recipes are busy weeknight approved, meaning that they are quick and easy, so I can’t complain when I am craving asian food (and neither does the hubster).
This dish is packed with pineapple and basil flavors, refreshing and perfect for summer nights. It’s topped with a sweet and light gluten-free thai sauce and the light crunch of a sprinkling of cashews. I am going to be making this dish again and trying my hand at a pork rendition to see how the pineapple and basil flavors work with it. I have a feeling that they will become good friends.
Go ahead and use whichever green veggies that you like for this dish. I usually have fresh broccoli and green beans on hand so naturally they are always my go-to for this meal. Zucchini, bell peppers, and carrots are other good alternatives, just make sure that you’ve got your pineapple and basil bases covered and you will be mighty happy with this dish.
Pineapple Basil Thai Chicken
- 1-1.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 TBSP GF barbecue sauce
- 2 TBSP GF soy sauce
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 1-1.5 cups stirfry veggies
- 1 cup pineapple cubed
- leaves handful fresh basil roughly chopped
- Cashews for garnish
- Drizzle a large pan with oil (I use coconut oil for this recipe) and brown the chicken on all sides, about 5-6 minutes over med-high heat.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the minced garlic, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, vinegar, pepper flakes, and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Add this sauce and the stirfry veggies to the chicken and continue to cook the chicken until fully cooked.
- Turn the heat to low, gently stir in the pineapple and basil, and cook for 1 more minute, or until the pineapple becomes slightly warm.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with cashews. Enjoy!