This healthy one pot mexican chicken noodle soup combines the comfort of homemade chicken noodle soup with your favorite mexican flavors to bring out a fiesta in every spoonful. It’s a quick gluten-free, noodle-y, highly-addictive meal!
I’m diving right into this bowl of this mexican chicken noodle soup today.
Here’s all the reasons that you need a big bowl of this in your life…. and likely why you need it in front of you right now.
It’s a one-pot wonder. The soup and noodles are cooked in the same pot. Only one dish to clean up afterwards. Boom!
This recipe is also a quickie. From takeoff to finish line you are talking about 20-30 minutes total. You can zoom right on into the eatin’ part cuz the eatin’ is good. Zoom……
This soup is gluten free, dairy free, and also has both vegan and paleo friendly options. It’s so easy to customize it to your needs.
Three, this recipe combines all the comforts of warm chicken noodle soup with the vibrant flavors of your favorite mexican dishes.
And last but not least, the toppings! If you’re trying to sound fancy, then call ’em garnishments. Whatever you want to call them, there are plenty of them to top your soup off with: Large handfuls of fresh cilantro sprigs, creamy shredded cheeses, spicy jalapeno slices, a dollop of sour cream, a spritz of fresh lime juice, the list goes on….
Healthy One Pot Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1/2 TBSP ground cumin
- 2 tsp oregano dried and chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 6-8 cups GF chicken broth
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken cubed or shredded
- 10 ounces gf pasta
- Heat the coconut oil, chopped onion, and minced garlic in a large pot over medium heat. Let the onion and garlic saute until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, carrot, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and coriander and cook for 1 minute while stirring. If ingredients start to stick to the bottom of the pan add in a pinch more oil.
- Pour in the chicken broth and cooked chicken and bring to a boil. Once boiling add in the noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- Once noodles are cooked, serve the soup in big bowls and sprinkle with your favorite mexican toppings.
Finely diced jalapeno, cilantro, avocado slices, sour cream (or plain greek yogurt), salsa, pico de gallo, and/or shredded cheese make for awesome garnishes!
Tips for this healthy one pot mexican chicken noodle soup recipe:
- To make this dish gluten free please make sure that both the noodles and the broth are GF.
- For the vegan version, swap the chicken out for chickpeas.
- To keep this dish dairy free, please omit the suggestion of putting cheese and/or sour cream as toppings.
- And for those of you who need to keep it paleo, sub out the GF noodles with your favorite spiralized veggie noodle of your choosing.
Thanks for stopping in friends!