This relaxed fall beanie braid look is a quick 2-minute half-do matched with the perfect warm-colored shades to help you look like you tried just a little. It’s a perfect look for a lazy fall weekend!
I love beanies in the fall and winter. I saw the beanie and sunglasses combo all over the streets during NYFW. It’s so easy to just toss one on, put on your favorite sunglasses and go.
Then if you want to look like you tried a little bit more I suggest putting on a berry red lipstick shade and trying out this 2-minute fall beanie braid.
For the fall beanie braid:
- Put your beanie on your head the way you want it to lay.
- Grab the section of your hair that runs from your widow’s peak down to the hair that stops at the top of your ear. Grab that section from beneath your beanie (my is about a 3″ section and braid it into a small even braid. Don’t worry if it is tiny, we will make it larger in a minute!
- Do the same braid to the other side of your head.
- Tie the two braids together at the back of your head just under your beanie with an elastic hair tie.
- Now comes the fun part! Start with the end of the braid that is closest to your head and softly start pulling the braid strands out so that each braided piece looks fuller and thicker. Do this the whole length of the braid until the desired thickness is achieved.
Now on to the other important part of this look, the sunglasses. I am still all about the classic aviators and this fall it is all about aviators in nice warm tones like this pair that I grabbed from FlashFrames.
FlashFrames works with eyewear for each and every budget because sometimes the perfect pair of specs comes with a less than perfect price tag, right? Well FlashFrames offers sunglasses that look similar to the inspired pair, but at differing prices.
I went online, uploaded a photo and found a bunch of options through their site. It’s basically snap, find, and shop. It was really easy for me to find these fall aviators.
There are three easy steps to getting your perfect pair of FlashFrames sunglasses:
- Upload a photo from your social channels, a magazine, or other inspiration to the FlashFrames website.
- Pick the pair you want from a wide selection of similar styles.
- Buy your authentic sunglasses online from a trusted retailer.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.