This easy mexican chopped corn salad combines fresh chopped summer veggies with a garlicky coconut lime drizzle and is a quick and refreshing dish for any warm-weathered gathering!
Hola! I hope everyone had a fun Cinco De Mayo! I went to a Cinco De Mayo party with a bunch of my small group friends and brought this easy Mexican chopped corn salad and it was a hit! (and then afterwards a few of us decided to go to a nearby Mexican restaurant for celebratory margaritas and found out that Cinco De Mayo isn’t big in Mexico…. It’s a silly American thing. Oh well! An excuse for a margarita!)
This easy Mexican chopped corn salad is incredibly easy to put together in minutes! If you don’t have time (or patience for cooking and prepping corn off the cob) buy canned corn. If you don’t want to chop the tomatoes, use canned diced tomatoes. Easy peasy.
Depending on what I have in my pantry (and who will be partaking in the grub) I will either put rice or quinoa in the dish. Either way it is delicious! Same goes for the jalapeno pieces. Those kiddos aren’t too keen on those (I was one of them years ago!) hot green things. But DEFINITELY don’t skimp on the coconut-garlic-lime drizzle! It’s delicious on it’s own (try it on a salad! Yum!) and it does not disappoint in this recipe! It balances out the chopped vegetables and turns it into a sweet and spicy, light and refreshing spoonful after spoonful after spoonful kind of dish.
Okay, ready to dive in? Here’s the recipe:
Easy Mexican Chopped Corn Salad
- 5-6 cups of sweet corn kernels or 3 cans of GF sweet corn kernels
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup tomatoes diced (or use canned diced tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper diced
- 1/2-1 avocado cubed
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 TBSP coconut oil melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp BHHY taco seasoning
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- slices cotija cheese crumbles GF tortilla strips, and lime for garnish
- Combine the corn, rice, tomato, onion, jalapeno, bell pepper, avocado, and cilantro together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, garlic powder, taco seasoning, and lime juice well.
- Coat the chopped veggie mix with the coconut garlic lime drizzle. Top with cotija cheese, tortilla strips, and lime wedges and enjoy!