This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StickItToLint #CollectiveBias
A DIY customized shower curtain changes a drab old boring shower curtain into a custom-looking made-just-for you curtain in just a few minutes of craft time. Easy to put together and easy to upkeep!
After moving into our farmhouse earlier this year and slowly unpacking, painting, refinishing, and replacing almost everything in each room of the house, I am just now getting to work with our bathrooms.
One of the easiest and biggest changes I have made to our guest bath was customizing our boring white shower curtain into a custom curtain that blends the whole room together.
I wanted to incorporate a little touch of burlap into the room and chose a great piece of burlap border for the project.
The entire project took me 10 minutes of work time and 24 hours for the fabric glue to completely dry. Can you say easy? EASY.
It would have taken me longer to go to the store, purchase a new shower curtain, and come back home than it did to upgrade my old one (not to mention all the money that I saved!).
I tried that route and didn’t find a curtain even close to the one I was envisioning. So I went back home empty-handed and decided to make my own shower curtain.
Here’s how to make your own DIY customized shower curtain:
- Look over your shower curtain for any spots or blemishes. If your shower curtain needs to be spot cleaned do it now. Once cleaned go over your shower curtain with a lint roller. My go-to are Scotch-Brite™ Lint Rollers. I found it was easiest to run the lint roller over the curtain with the curtain still hanging up.
- Run the lint roller over both sides of the border piece to ensure that the fabric glue has a clean surface to adhere to. It will also help with any bumps from debris along the finished border.
- Find a long flat surface to work on. My only option that was long enough was the floor so I cut up a large kitchen-sized trash bag and used it as a tarp to protect the floor from any possible messes.
- Place the border along the bottom of the shower curtain in the exact place you will want it permanently. Leave a small amount of extra border fabric on each end.
- Flatten out the border to make sure there are no bumps.
- Using your fabric glue, line the edges of the bottom-side of the border with fabric glue (about 6 inches at a time). Place the glued section down flat, placing pressure along the section for a few moments before moving on to the next section.
- Glue the entire length of the border down until you reach the other end.
- At this point you can snip off any extra border that goes past the length of the shower curtain.
- Carefully place something with a little weight (like a book) on top of the border while it sets and dries.
- Allow to dry completely before hanging your new DIY customized shower curtain back up. I would suggest that after you hang it up to go over it again with the Scotch-Brite Lint Roller to pick up any lint or debris that may have been picked up from being on the floor.
- To maintain a clean polished look to your shower curtain go over your curtain at least once a month with the lint rollers to protect it from debris and hair.
I always keep a lint roller in the bathroom anyways.
Getting ready in the AM + long hair = long hair everywhere!
I have to lint roll myself on the daily. It makes getting ready in the morning so much easier and now it can make cleaning your bathroom easier too.
So keep a lint roller in your bathroom to polish up your DIY Customized Shower Curtain. It takes less than 60 seconds.
I use the Scotch-Brite™ Lint Roller from Walmart because it keeps clothes, fabric, and pretty much any soft surface lint, hair, and fuzz free and are the ony rollers with Scotch™ adhesive. Plus now I also use the Scotch-Brite™ Printed Lint Rollers with fun designs on every sheet that keep up the performance of the brand in a new fun creative way.
There’s basically a trillion uses for these little rollers. The
Get more great Scotch-Brite ideas and inspiration online and then visit your local Walmart to pick up these nifty products in the cleaning, sewing & notions, or closet & laundry sections of the store. I found mine hiding in the laundry aisle.
I’ve also included a short video I found of puppies being puppies and these lint rollers doing their thang. I feel like this is my life on film. #VetLife It was too cute not to share. Enjoy the cuteness and your new custom shower curtain:
I partnered with Scotch-Brite®, a brand I personally recommend to friends and family, for this post. Thank you for continuing to support me, BHHY, and the brands that help make this site possible.